Following is the list of ways you can celebrate the Holy Name in your home, with your friends and family, in your Namahatta or Bhakti Sangha, at your centre or at your temple.
If you are a Temple President you can organise an event for all the devotees to participate. If you run a centre or a group, you can do the same.
1) For example, you can organise for someone to give a talk about Prabhupada distributing the Holy Name across the world.
2) Or you can organise a talk about the power of the Holy Name. You can organise a kirtan in celebration of the World Holy Name festival.
3) You can organise Harinam Sankirtan to celebrate or share the Holy Name out on the street.
4) GBC Members, Zonal Secretaries, and Supervisors can help out by making sure devotees in your area know about the World Holy Name Festival. Make sure you ask everyone to make a plan for a celebration.
1) Organise non stop 50/24/12 hour Sankirtan yajna.
2) Nagar Sankirtan – Harinaam processions, with WHNF & Mahamantra banners.
3) Japathon – Pledges from devotees and congregation to chant extra rounds during this period.
4) Morning Bhagvatam class on Holy name as the theme – Morning Bhagvatam classes emphasizing on glories and importance of Holy Names.
5) Japa Seminars – Seminars on japa related topics e.g japa reform, 10 offenses, types of japa etc.
6) Update your temple website with features of WHNW and your events.
7) Sunday feast lectures/ dramas/Street Plays on Holy Name – Presentations based on importance of Holy name and related topics.
8) Japa Booth – Putting a table with beads and pamphlets in the temple for whole week encouraging new comers to get the beads and chant.
9) Inter Faith events – Invite other religions/faiths for Kirtans and other Holy Name related events.
10) Radio Shows – Broadcasting Hare Krishna Kirtans, especially Srila Prabhupada dhun on radio.
11) Holy Name walks – Padayatras to nearby towns and villages to distribute Holy Name, Prabhupada books and Prasad. The walks should be of 3 days, a week or even 10 days! There should be kirtan along with the Padyatra.
12) Harinaam concerts – Arrange Harinaam concerts (Kirtan in different styles and with musical instruments) for public.
13) Banners – Post Hare Krishna Mahamantra and WHNW banners/hoardings throughout the city/town/villages.
14) Giftshop Sale – Special discount on Kirtan/bhajan CD’s/DVD’s during this period.
15) Kirtan Mela – We are indeed fortunate that a new wave of enthusiasm for kirtan is sweeping the planet in the form of Kirtan Mela. H.H. Sacinandana Swami Maharaja first hosted Kirtan Mela in Germany in 2010. Since that time, Kirtan Mela has become a regular feature of the Mayapur Festival. Devotees come from all over the world to participate. The most accomplished and recognized kirtaniyas are giving the opportunity to serve the devotees by chanting according to a well organized schedule.
16) Harinam Rathcart – H.H. Jayapataka Swami Maharaja expressed that we can gather more devotees together to chant Hare Krishna if we utilize a Harinam Rathacart. Just like many people are attracted to Jagananath Rathayatra, and enjoy pulling the cart and serving the Lord, similarly, people will be attracted to pulling a cart with Harinaam Prabhu on the cart. We can worship Harinaam Prabhu in the form the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra in printed form. The sixteen words of the Mahamantra can be placed up on the Rathcart. We can offer arotik, and flowers. People throughout the route of the procession can benefit by hearing the Hare Krishna Mahamantra and also seeing the beautiful form of the letters of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra.
17) Every devotee can celebrate the World Holy Name Festival by chanting extra rounds on each day of the festival.
18) You can also can read selections about the Holy name from part two of Sri Namamrita. Part two is called ‘The Theology of the Holy Name’. Or you can read selections from the ‘Book Chanting Hare Krishna’. Both these books are compilations of sayings from the books of Srila Prabhupada.
19) You can make a plan to go to the temple or your local centre and join in the celebrations there. Otherwise you can create your own program at home, or with friends.
20) There is no limit to what can be done, use your creativity and see how far you can go.
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare