Top Ten Quotes by SRILA PRABHUPADA on Japa
1) Any person who is chanting the holy names of Krishna in course of time feels transcendental pleasure and very quickly becomes purified of all material contamination.”
2) Simply by properly doing our japa daily, we can be freed from the reactions to all sinful activities.
3) We cannot become fully Krishna conscious without chanting good quality rounds daily. Chanting is the most powerful way to become Krishna conscious.
4) Our strength is in following the regulative principles and chanting 16 rounds japa.
5) Everyone begins his devotional life from the neophyte stage, but if one properly finishes chanting the prescribed number of rounds of hari-nama, he is elevated step by step to the highest platform, uttama-adhikari. – Nectar of Instruction
6) Of all the regulative principles, the spiritual master’s order to chant at least sixteen rounds is most essential.
7) Minimum 16 rounds have to be chanted. Constant chanting should be our goal.
8) When Japa is not done with love and attention there is often no observable spiritual or material result. However this same Japa, done with love and attention, will enable us to perform all other devotion practices in pure a manner, also with love and attention. –
9) There is no such requirement that japa should be done silently and chanting should be done differently. Loudly or silently, everything is all right. There is no such restriction. Only thing is that we should chant very attentively, hearing the vibration very distinctly.
10) Your japa beads are your ticket back to Godhead.