ISKCON World Holy Name Week is starting on the 9th Sep – 17th Sept 2017.
As Srila Prabhupada said “The Krishna consciousness movement is based on this principle: chant the Hare Krishna mantra at every moment, as much as possible, both inside and outside of the temples, and as far as possible distribute prasada.”
Keeping this as the aim of this year’s WHNW, lets all strive to accomplish the mission of Srila Prabhupada.
Some suggestions/ideas by WHNW committee:
1. Nagar Sankirtan – Harinaam processions with WHNW and mahamantra banners in the city and in all preaching centers.
2. Daily 4 hours and/or 2 hours Sankirtan yajna.
3. Japathon – Pledges from devotees and congregation to chant extra rounds during this period.
4. Morning Bhagvatam class on Holy Names as the theme – Morning Bhagvatam classes emphasizing on glories and importance of Holy Names.
5. Japa Seminars – Seminars on japa related topics e.gjapa reforms, 10 offenses, types of japaetc
6. Sunday feast lectures/dramas on Holy Names – Presentations based on importance of Holy Names and related topics.
7. Japa Booth – Putting a table with beads and pamphlets in the temple encouraging new comers to get the beads and chant.
8. Giftshop Sale – Special discount on Kirtan/bhajan CD’s/DVD’s/ books and Japa Mala during this period
9. JapaHundi-One are going to keep one Japahundi for those who want to write 108 Mahamantra on paper.
10. Rangoli and drawing competition
11. Kids chanting and Kirtan
12. Display of Japa related books and selling at discounted rates.
13. daily Sending SrilaPrabhupada’sJapa quotes on sms groups or on whatsapp groups.
14. Daily Holy Name related reading before Japa session.