Presentation Standards for ISKCON promotional artwork
Here are some of the points that should be considered by both the Designer and the Proof Reader to ensure before the creative goes on printing.
Header and the Footer
1. All the creative stuff should have ISKCON Logo. We should also include Prabhupada’s name in a standard format.
International Society for Krishna Consciousness
Founder Acharya : His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada
The word Acharya should be in italics, because it is a sanskrit word. Any sanskrit words used in the creative like slokas or individual word should be italics. As that is the standard. We can also use the diacritic fonts, the same rules apply there also.
2. It is always nice to include the mahamantra at the bottom strip of all the creatives. Many people who looks at the poster will chant the mahamantra. This is a very good way of making people chant the names of Krishna.
3. The creatives should always have the contact details of the authority who is in charge of that particular event of creatives. Sometimes devotees miss this. The local temple authorities should ensure this that there is proper communication about where the people can fetch more details. This can be included in the bottom of the creative
1. Avoid using the deity images in the creatives that goes for print. This is to ensure that there is no offence committed to deities. However we can BBT Art images to some extent. But we should always avoid deities images in the creatives. The deity images can be used in the print only for in house circulations, if so then we should mention (avoid disrespectful disposal).
2. Try to use good quality images and content to ensure the quality. This is very important, because it reflects ISKCON. No matter spend more time to proof read and look for better image. Specially the creatives that are circulated in mass. Avoid using the tilt images of Acharyas.
1. Srila Prabhupada always wanted us to use diacritic form as much as possible. We should try to use at least in the slokas and sanskrit words if we are using them in the print creatives.
2. Ensure that the fonts used are not too fancy. They must have good readability and clear appeal. Try to use thick fonts for the creatives that goes for circulations. Avoid using too much curly and italics fonts unless it is ensured to have good impact.
3. Proofreading must be done carefully, sometimes devotees are in hurry and the print goes disaster. It is very embarrassing when such creatives are put where there is mass gathering of people.
Including Srila Prabhupada Quotes
1. I always like to include Srila Prabhupada quotes with the respective event for which the creative is designed. For an example: If we are designing a poster for Janmastami we can include a small quote of Srila Prabhupada where he talks about the birth and activities of Krishna is transcendental. This will have lot of impacts in the readers mind. As these are the words from Srila Prabhupada.
1. Sometime devotees use some quotes in some creatives but they tend to forget to give the reference. It is very important to give the reference. Even when adding some quotes of Srila Prabhupada it is very important to include the reference of that particular quote.
Contact: Bhakta Bharath Prabhu for more information: email@example.com
Bhakta Bharath Prabhu is a professional designer who works at Innovo Design and Solutions in Bangalore.